POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cousin of lamp shade, Part I : Re: Cousin of lamp shade, Part I Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cousin of lamp shade, Part I
From: Ken
Date: 29 Jan 2000 10:42:54
Message: <389309AF.FC42DBAA@pacbell.net>
cadman wrote:

> Yessir.  I wrote a util to model POV objects in Acad & then convert them to
> POV.  Even does CSG, smooth meshes!! And it's getting better all the time.
> I plan on working on the next major revision in March or April.  I posted it
> (version 1.0) a few months ago.  I never got much of a response, but it was
> definitely lacking a number of things.  Do you use Acad?

I have Acad 14 and your export lisp routine. I just haven't done any
3D work in Acad for so long that I have not had a chance to try it out
yet. Most of the stuff I use Acad for is reviewing customer drawings,
making schematic diagrams, and doing simple floor plans (sigh). It's
proven to be an expensive tool for the simple tasks I use it for.
I have recommended your utility to a few people though so there might
be someone using it.