POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : color_map utility (46kb jpg) - ColMapTest.jpg : Re: color_map utility (46kb jpg) - ColMapTest.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color_map utility (46kb jpg) - ColMapTest.jpg
From: Peter Warren
Date: 29 Jan 2000 07:20:41
Message: <3892db19@news.povray.org>
David Wilkinson wrote in message ...
>I was having difficulties in visualizing what effects a color_map would
produce with
>different patterns. So I wrote a macro that produces this image and writes
a text file of
>the pov color_map definition.  If there is any interest I will post it in
utilities.
>David

David,

Thank you for your macro. It is an excellent contribution to the
Pov Community. I also have had difficulties in visualizing the effects
color maps.
I would, however, say this. If you could produce a macro defining
say the basic geology, via a sloped mapped height field, of Glasgow,
I would sorely impressed.

Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom