POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp shade, Part II : Re: Lamp shade, Part II Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp shade, Part II
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jan 2000 18:50:15
Message: <38922b37@news.povray.org>
Well for one thing if 'jitter' is used anywhere (arealights, antialiasing) then
any animation is likely to suffer the dance of the pixels effect.
I seldom use a real fine AA for animations simply because they tend to have
enough motion that the smoothness isn't as noticeable anyway.  Making it a
faster total render time.  However lack of any AA whatsoever isn't going to stop
pixel jumping unless there are no patterns or at least none with small scale
variations.  And using some AA should help prevent the "jaggies' from jumping
somewhat too.
Pretty much the way you would think it would be.

Bob