POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher POV museum (78kbbu) : Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Escher POV museum (78kbbu)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 28 Jan 2000 18:54:09
Message: <38922B4C.B9D91D24@xs4all.nl>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> I didn't know who, or what, a Delacroix was.  So I looked it up...
>
> http://www.mcs.csuhayward.edu/~malek/Illusions/2cross-view/Vieux/Delacroix/
> which is apparently an attempt to see 3 of his paintings using
> cross-eyed
> stereopairs.  Looked flat to me.  I have seen these paintings before.

It helps when you see such paintings in real. Honestly.

I've seen paintings that had more depth (litterally ;)) than any
3D-rendering I have ever seen. Best example is the abstract work of
Gerhard Richter, but you'd HAVE to see it in reality, because in a
picture it's all lost. Rothko is a good example too.

Remco