POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Does Moray export at all? : Re: Does Moray export at all? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does Moray export at all?
From: Florian Fischer
Date: 28 Jan 2000 13:43:29
Message: <3891E06E.4AADDEA7@gmx.de>
> Wait a week or so.  I'm planning to post an exporter for RIB files.

Do you think that RIB is the right format? I know few about it; yet it
seems that its structure is quite complex.
And it's supported by few programs (not 3dwin, for example, which
makes it unsuitable I think).

If I'm right that RIB is a polygon based format, (i.e. NOT solid
modelling), wouldn't 3DS or Wavefront OBJ (supported by Java3D
directly ;-) ) be a better choice?

I can send you a specification Doc for Wavefront OBJ, which is a quite
simple format, and which I can recommend a lot...

> Doesn't handle all prims,

May I guess... no plugin objects, UDO, infinite objects... just like
PolyRay?

Florian