POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another spiral : Re: Another spiral Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another spiral
From: Peter Warren
Date: 28 Jan 2000 03:12:46
Message: <38914f7e@news.povray.org>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote in message <3890CB3C.EBFD3B45@stud.ntnu.no>...

>I figured that much, and sorry, bad wording. When I read my post now I
>realize I sounded a bit harsh.
Kind of you to say. I had good news yesterday and
was "full of myself" (even more so than usual) so
this probalbly did not help the communication.

 >(Not sure what he meant though)
It is from a poem titled "Why I am not a Conservative" by
the great Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen.
I picked it up from James Joyce's "Finnegans Wake"
which makes liberal use of many languages.

As to it's meaning, I would only be
speculating. I do think it makes
for a powerful 'mind' picture.

>Baffled by this I forgot to comment on the Nieminen's image:
oops! sorry.
>I'm getting sucked into this one! Looks like a maelstrom.
This is a perfect word for this painting, I think.

Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom