POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : image_pattern : Re: image_pattern Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_pattern
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 27 Jan 2000 02:56:10
Message: <388ffa1a@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote...
> This gets edited into the patterns.htm file I have here immediately,
thanks
> Nathan.
> Didn't know about the "more than 256" thing.  Great, but I don't see how
it
> could.  After all, if there's only a 256 color palette or one 8-bit plane
of a
> 24bit image how does it apply textures to other than those specific areas
of a
> image then?  A kind of interpolation?

But let's just imagine that you're using a 36 bit PNG file as your input
file, instead of a 24 bit TGA.  (now, I have not yet looked to see if POV
will support a 36 bit image internally, but if not now, it probably will in
the future)

-Nathan