POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Picture, Another Question <18k jpg> : Re: Another Picture, Another Question <18k jpg> Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Picture, Another Question <18k jpg>
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 27 Jan 2000 02:31:04
Message: <388ff438@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message

> I'm confused; if you are saying that the light
> doesn't fade after reflecting then that's exactly
> what's supposed to happen. Real-life objects
> appear the same brightness no matter the
> distance from them (unless of course if there's
> atmospheric effects--maybe that could solve
> your problem).  If you meant something else
> I'm not sure. Please clarify. ;-)

That's what I meant and of course you are right.  I didn't think about it
before I posted (no surprise to people who know me)... the picture just
seemed wrong when I made it.  I recall my physics professor talking about
how we would all go blind if there was no dust in space... the entire sky
would be as bright as the sun from horizon to horizon because of the light
from all the stars.

Eric
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russel
http://www.ametro.net/~ericfree