POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Picture, Another Question <18k jpg> : Re: Another Picture, Another Question <18k jpg> Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Picture, Another Question <18k jpg>
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jan 2000 01:15:33
Message: <388fe285@news.povray.org>
Well there's always the inverse square with distance law (?) about light, which
should apply to any and all light despite it's origination, be it emitted
reflected or refracted light, it will diminish.  Am I right?
The thing is then that all objects should have a fading other than the
'interior' kind.  I think this brings up a good simulated reality question in
POV-Ray.  There's even a kind of perceived increase in brightness with distance
I think, maybe related to pupil size, surrounding light, etc.  Anyone have ideas
on the answer?  Because I'm just grasping at straws about it.

Bob