POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Close Call (82KBbu) : Re: Close Call (82KBbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Close Call (82KBbu)
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 26 Jan 2000 23:18:32
Message: <388fc718@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> I think all the "laser blasts" were always short.  Well maybe as long as
these,
> not sure.  Just that this tends to look as though they are like real laser
beams
> :-)

I considered this, but I didn't want the tips closest to the camera to show
and I wanted to make sure it was obvious where the lasers came from. So
since it was always hard to tell exactly how long they erally should have
been, I took some creative liscence and concentrated more on the laser media
itself.

> The lighting on both craft seems wrong to me.  The green illumination may
be
> okay but I can't see how the sunlight (starlight, whatever "sun" it is) is
shone
> upon them.  Almost like the very front is getting light and not the rest.

The main lights source is coming from far away in front, somewhat below them
and off a bit to the right.
I have a couple of weaker lights to try and even out the lighting (since a
real star would give off more light then at just one point). I guess I
dodn't do as good of a job there. Maybe I can try again with an area light
that covers a large area?

> Even if TonyB doesn't like pink it does okay, seems to be air-like of a
> different kind than Earthly air is all.  Although it doesn't blend into
the
> planet sphere at all, that might be something to check into.

I'll definately look into it.
Darcy