POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : format for documentation : Re: format for documentation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format for documentation
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 24 Jan 2000 18:01:06
Message: <388cd9b2@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote...

> I use Windows and Unix, and I'd like DocBook because you can easily
transform
> it into PDF, HTML, RTF, TeX, and lots of other formats.

Ron,

I develop on a Windows computer.  Are there free tools available for me to
use easily DocBook?  Also, the Smellenbergh brothers work primarily on the
Mac, so free Mac tools are necessary as well.

If that is possible, could you please point me a the general direction to
get started.  I've been to a few websites about DocBook, SGML, and XML, and
they all provided far too much information to be useful for me (I don't have
three years to learn a new tool for creating the MegaPov 0.4 documentation.)
;-)  You can email me with your reply or just post it here.  I'll get it
either way.

Otherwise, we'll probably end up using HTML as the primary format and
converting from that to other formats.

-Nathan