POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : format for documentation : Re: format for documentation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format for documentation
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 24 Jan 2000 09:34:02
Message: <388c62da@news.povray.org>
Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote...
> I think it might also be nice to allow end-user modification of the
> help file.  If the help file is in a modular HTML format, it would be
> possible for the end-user to add some new pages, correct a typo on an
> existing page, or make whatever personal notes they wanted. It would
> become more of a personalized "workbook" in a sense. I can't do these
> things to a PDF, PostScript, or Windows Help document.

The problem with multiple files is that they are more difficult to maintain
and distribute than a single file that contains the entire document.

> As for Windows users of MegaPov, it might be nice to simply launch a
> Windows Help file, but I can easily live without this if it will be
> too much work to create.

Like I said, if I can get free tools to export from a word processor to HLP,
I'll give it a try.  I'll try that tool that Tony recommended.

-Nathan