POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred transparency demo - blurTransTest.jpg (1/1) : Re: Blurred transparency demo - blurTransTest.jpg (1/1) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred transparency demo - blurTransTest.jpg (1/1)
From: David Heys
Date: 26 Jan 2000 22:44:36
Message: <388FBB72.28C39CB4@gci.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> A transparent plastic ring with a bit of blur. Very simple, just a scene
> I made to test the patch while I was developing it.

Now this has potential. :{)

Combine it with photon mapping, beef up the blurring and you'd likely have a
good frosted glass. That's something that I've tried, unsuccessfully, to
accomplish from time to time using filter, normals and specular. But I could
never get the surface normal fine enough to make it look real.

David
--
Keeper of the family pets.
"You want fish? I got fish. I got fish, and eels, and turtles, and snails,