POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : engravings : Re: engravings Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: engravings
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 25 Jan 2000 19:16:54
Message: <388E3C55.F415B8F2@xs4all.nl>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Hope you don't hate me for saying this... they seem to be made of
> chalk.

Nope. The first material that comes into my mind when I think of swords
in real life is plastic, as in the toy swords we used to wave around and
that would bend in very unrealistic ways. This might as well have been
plastic. That was not really the point of this pic. I just threw it
together to see if you could decorate (for instance) the blade of a
sword with heightfields.
There's thread about this in the advanced users group (what am _I_ doing
there...) and I got the idea that with a heightfield you could do all
sorts of cute things in a very simple direct way. It turned out that the
blade itself was also quite easy to model with this, although I suspect
there could be all sorts of things wrong with it as it is now but that's
just because I don't really know what I'm doing.
Say, wouldn't it be nice to have (yet) another newsgroup, something like
povray.ignorant.retards? <B> ;) </B>

Remco