POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mezquita - progress 37 kBbu : Re: Mezquita - progress 37 kBbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mezquita - progress 37 kBbu
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 25 Jan 2000 17:20:29
Message: <388E210B.23FA4C7@xs4all.nl>
Sander wrote:

> Some progress to report: floor by Ron's macro, different lighting,
> ceilings
> in 2 types, doorways in the back, and the sun shining through the
> cracks in
> the wall.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sander
>
>  [Image]

Gatverpielekes!

Really very good.
I haven't been there so I can't compare with the real thing but this
looks very real to me. I especially like the things you've done with the
light.
To be really nitpicky: I don't know about the floor. The texture looks
very good but it seems as though the columns are standing on top of the
tiles and that looks a bit awkward. As I said, I haven't been there so I
can't really judge. I also wonder wether the arcs aren't a bit too
smooth, but I haven't been... oops, sorry.

I think this would be a very good setting for an animation. I can
imagine several things (moving lights, moving camera, moving 'actor').

Remco