POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eroded hills - work in progress [68k] : Re: Eroded hills - work in progress [68k] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eroded hills - work in progress [68k]
From: Børge Berg-Olsen
Date: 25 Jan 2000 05:06:30
Message: <388D7543.D5CACE96@dod.no>
Buke wrote:

> Sorry Ken hit the wrong button ; )  I'm betting on HFlab or gforge with
> erode (same programs just packaged different).

We have a winner ... ;-) as far goes for the technique. I used HFlab and
the flow operator. It's real easy to make good results, but it helps to
have a 650 Mhz PIII w/192 Mb RAM. *evil grin*

I not really sure what I want to use if for though. A underwater
composition with underwater towns seems like a challenge, and as Jens
Berg Chruchill wrote - the space-scenario is abused to shreds.

What about a domes in the old craters with connectiog tubes, an
umbillicoil up to the surface with a floating helipad-dock-thingybob
wich can be submerged in event of a storm. Drilling rigs on deeper water
drilling for valuable resources, service sub-bots busying themselves
with repearing and fixing connecting valves and such.

Then maybe I could use a flocking algorithm to make a school of fish,
put some rocks in there, some seaweed and the inverse kinetic include
file for seaweeds and the umbillicoil.

Ah, so much to do and so little knowhow on how to do it! :D

  +47 90 62 71 78        DoD#2101, NIC#015, Ducati M600, PJ#006, OGM#007
  azo### [at] dodno, "Do one thing every day that scares you." --Mary Schmich