POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : format for documentation : Re: format for documentation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format for documentation
From: Axel Hecht
Date: 25 Jan 2000 04:40:10
Message: <388D6F7D.FE419FAF@numerik.uni-kiel.de>
Hi Nathan,
so I guess my links confused you, so I take the chance and answer your
question to Ron :-)

As I found out, jade is available for Windows, and I would think, that
someone could get it running on Mac. I am not so much into mac, so don't
ask me for tools.

As of starting with docbook:
Use the definite docbook reference at http://www.docbook.org and an
editor that will support sgml (xml) editing.

I use xemacs and psgml-mode, which are available for windows as well.
But any editor with a DESCENT support will do.

Such an editor will give you some grammar checking based on the DTD you
specify for the file. And then you don't have the choice of some 100
elements, but just about 10-20, and the one you want is generally quite
obvious. psgml gives you a context menu with all valid elements at the
point of the cursor, so that is simple. And you can't do wrong grammar
that way.

So taking good tools, you should be able to get going with docbook in
just a day.

So look for DTD parsing editors with context sensitive element
insertion.

Axel