POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Hey Xander, help : Re: Hey Xander, help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hey Xander, help
From: Alex Wolff
Date: 24 Jan 2000 21:53:35
Message: <388D1026.5F0F@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de>
Steven Durham wrote:

> I can't get the plugin to render animations with POVRay. It works fine under
> polray, but when I set it up for POV(see my reply to a previous posting) it
> only renders the first frame. I opened the file exported to pov/scenes and
> in a quick scan of it,I could find no clock instructions. Also, when
> rendering to Pov the polyray render window is still rendering behind the POV
> window. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Steven

hi steven,
the animation plugin doesn't use povrays clock instructions. it
calculates the current values for the current frame, send it to povray,
wait until raytracing is done, then it calculates the values for the
next frame...
to do this, the animation plugin is using a gui-extension to povray.
check if this gui-extension is enabled in povray:
open the povray-window and check gui-extensions: there must be both the
"moray communications DLL" and the "moray animation plugin" enabled.
if the "moray animation plugin" is not enabled (or doesn't exist), check
the file "pvengine.ini" (it's located in the "INI"-path of povray).
somewhere near the bottom, you'll find the line:
ExtDll15=C:\PROGRAMME\MORAY FOR WINDOWS\MorayCtrl.DLL
(the path can be another, depends on how you installed pov)
this line activates the "moray communications dll".

to activate the "moray animation plugin" there must be a second line
like this:
ExtDll29=C:\PROGRAMME\MORAY FOR WINDOWS\PLUGINS\AnimGuiExt.DLL

i found out that xanders plugin only writes:
ExtDll29=C:\PROGRAMME\MORAY FOR WINDOWS\PLUGINS
so please add the missing "\AnimGuiExt.DLL" to the end of the line and
all will work perfect (i hope;)
alex