POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eroded hills - work in progress [68k] : Re: Eroded hills - work in progress [68k] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eroded hills - work in progress [68k]
From: David Heys
Date: 24 Jan 2000 19:04:09
Message: <388CE4D9.65CC4258@gci.net>
Ross Litscher wrote:

> No no no... you've all got it wrong. The proper composition involving this
> hf would include several strategically placed chrome spheres!

But chrome spheres are so overdone. Hmm.. o.k.. how about not inverting it;
triming the edges of the hf to the base of the hill; make it a frosted glass
sculpture except where the craters are; make that clear glass; put a clipped
chrome sphere floating slightly above each crater, open end pointing down; put a
bright point light under each sphere, shining down into the depths of the glass
sculpture. Place the whole thing on a wormwood table with a nice soft area light
and use radiosity. Put media_interaction on for all sphere lights, but not the
scene's area light. Then add a little scattering media to give a foggy glow
emitting from under the chromic spheres.

There.

> Am i the only person who hasn't gone insane?

Cetainly not. :{)

David
--
Keeper of the family pets.
"You want fish? I got fish. I got fish, and eels, and turtles, and snails, and