POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape w/ clouds (~60 kb) : Re: Landscape w/ clouds (~60 kb) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape w/ clouds (~60 kb)
From: Jerome
Date: 24 Jan 2000 11:20:38
Message: <388C7BD4.345E24BE@iname.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> There is also a patch to fix the problem, which gives a keyword to
> control the distance allowed between samples(or was it the maximum
> distance before a new interval was started?), but I can't find anything
> in the MegaPOV docs about it so it may not be included. I think it was
> something like max_distance or max_interval_length. There were some
> posts about it a while back, about the same subject(media clouds), and
> it was created to solve the problem with media clouds. Sorry I don't
> have more info on it...

	It's not included in the megapov yet (so many things to do,
so little time...) It adds a sample_spacing keyword which
specifies the max distance allowed between two samples
(provided you don't go over the max samples).

	If you're interrested, the source patch for uvpov6.2 is at
http://www.enst.fr/~jberger/sources/mpov.tgz

	If enough people ask me, I'll try harder to make time to
include it with megapov...

		Jerome
--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger