POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.2 Public Beta 2 : Re: Eureka! I found the key Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eureka! I found the key
From: Alex Wolff
Date: 24 Jan 2000 01:07:08
Message: <388BEC15.4E0C@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de>
jivvy wrote:

> Lutz,
>
> I created two files -- one test-cube.mdl, one test-sphere.mdl (yes, one file
> with just a cube, the other with just a sphere).
>
> 1. Open test-sphere.
> 2. Right click on the standard cam view to display the pop-up menu.
> 3. Left click on redraw to redraw the standard cam view (note, redrawing any
> of the other views will not cause the bug -- nor will redrawing on the other
> views stop the bug)
> 4. Click FILE so that the drop-down menu is displayed.
> 5. Click on another file to open it.
> 6. Say "yes" to whether you want to save the current file.
> 7.  Both scenes are now displayed in the standard cam view.
>
> Three Notes:
> 1. When both scenes are displayed in the standard cam view, you only have to
> mouseover and right click for the screen to redraw -- you don't have to
> actually leftclick redraw.
>
> 2. Steps 4-7 can be varied greatly -- I saved the file, didn't save the
> file, opened the file with the "open" command instead of clicking one of the
> most recent -- none of that seemed to matter.  If I had redrawn in the
> standard cam view, it did not display properly when I opened a new file.
>
> And while the problem seems to only be with the standard cam view at
> first... I was switching views around to make sure that the issue was the
> "standard cam" view and not the "bottom right window" view.  I had switched
> the side view (which had not had a problem) to standard cam view.  Voila, it
> now has the problem.  Interestingly enough, when I switched it *back* to
> side view, it exhibited the same problem for the next file open, but once a
> rightclick/leftclick redraw was done, it no longer exhibited the problem.
>
> Hope this helps... (off to see if I can figure out what I was talking about
> in the "multi-textures" issue)
>
> Claire

hi,
i had a problem which may be forced by the same bug described above:
while playing around with the animation plugin suddenly the camera-view
window got "freezed". that means, while moving the animation-slider the
objects in the camera window do no longer move. in the three other
windows (side-views) everything is like it should be...
i'm using the moray beta2 with the animation plugin beta 18 BUT: this
problem is not new to me; i saw it while using moray 3.1 with an older
version of the anim-plugin on a NT4.0
i don't know how to reproduce this error. (but i'll keep on testing)
alex