POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstrahere (~134kbau) : Re: Abstrahere (~134kbau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstrahere (~134kbau)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 23 Jan 2000 15:42:02
Message: <388B64EF.ADBB22E9@faricy.net>
> Your latin definition was very cool and made me think,
> but to make an abstract image is, I believe, very difficult.
>
> If you look at David Fontaine's "Guess how this was made"
> it 'looks' abstract but it is, in fact just "Torus Play."
> (albeit very good torus play.)

I agree abstarct raytracing is hard because whatever arbitrary
compisition you maight have in your head you have to be able to find
parameters for. This is one of the disadvantages raytracing has to
painting. And how would one even begin going about raytracing a Picasso?

--
Homepage: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/
 | \     |_       <dav### [at] faricynet>
 |_/avid |ontaine      <ICQ 55354965>