POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Museum 41.6kbbu : Re: Museum 41.6kbbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Museum 41.6kbbu
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 21 Jan 2000 20:33:00
Message: <388908cc@news.povray.org>
"Andrea Ryan" <ary### [at] global2000net> wrote :
>  Are the stone blocks all right?  I made them with a
> brick pigment and a brick normal.

    No. Look into the parameters that would make the mortar narrower and use
a deeper normal.

>Is the wood scaled correctly?

    No, either make it 1/10 the scale or use frequency to multiply the rings
in the wood.

> Do the doorknobs look all right too?

    Yes. For the large size of the door they probably do. Door knobs are
usually centered just less that 3 inches from the jamb, so if these are
about 6 inches apart at the centers and about an inch or so in radius they
are right.

    Big building! Looks good so far. Even the remarks I made about the wrong
scaling won't take that away.