POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Venus_103KBbefore : Re: Venus_103KBbefore Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Venus_103KBbefore
From: Peter Warren
Date: 21 Jan 2000 08:01:05
Message: <38885891@news.povray.org>
Hey David,

The wood frame is modeled after a little (about 10"x8")
blackboard I have. I spent so much annoying time adjusting
the clipped_by pieces that I neglected the texture,
I admit this. I'm no Sir Uncle Ken when it comes to textures.

object {Peter_Warren translate <on_high_horse>}

Five years ago I had never used a computer and
pretty much avoided them.
Now when I show my stuff to my art friends it's like,
"Dude, that is awesome, you are such the computer god"
or "Your the Bomb Peter, I can't even get my word processor
to work."
Of course, most everyone here knows more about computers
and pov than I do.

In school all my professors came from varying backgrounds,
some were PAF's (pretentious art fops) like myself but
many were just really into detailing their cars (or what-
ever) and fell into art on accident.

So when you say "I don't get it but then again it is art".
I don't know what that means. I mean, I know what you mean
but I don't think it is what you are trying to say.
If you say, "I don't know when Goya painted
'Executions of the Third of May,1808'"  that is one thing.
If you say, "I saw an 'Art' show at such and such a
museum/gallery and my five year brother could make better
'Art'." that is another.

I've seen your stuff. You make images. You make good images.
Many artists make images. If you find yourself making images
in five, ten, fifteen years from now you could probably
call yourself an artist without much argument. At least not from
me.
object {Peter_Warren translate <off_high_horse>}

Actually when I realized how you made "Guess
how this was made" I thought of a
collaboration piece we could do together.

Anyways,
thanks for the critic, as usual,

Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom
"I have seen the future and it is... over there."