POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : January 20-21 Eclipse (393KB before attach) : January 20-21 Eclipse (393KB before attach) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  January 20-21 Eclipse (393KB before attach)
From: Chris Jeppesen
Date: 20 Jan 2000 21:55:39
Message: <3887caab@news.povray.org>
A view of the lunar eclipse happening as I type (darn clouds!) from an
unusual prespective... close to the sun, through a telephoto lens. Remember
when you look at it that the moon is much farther away than the earth, about
60 earth radii.

A small demonstration of my work in progress, the PovSolarSystem. This will
be a working model of the whole solar system, It will have the ability to
add arbitrary bodies like spacecraft.

Most astronomy programs have a hard time with eclipses. I get them for free,
by virtue of using a raytracer. Long live POV!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Teles.mpg' (394 KB)