POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : evolution of the blast : Re: evolution of the blast Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: evolution of the blast
From: Ken
Date: 20 Jan 2000 22:03:44
Message: <3887C8CB.61B92B4A@pacbell.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> > yer right in theory, however if the object was spinning it would form the disk
> > due to some nice physics
>
> Yep. I forgot about the "coliding particle spin factor". But sci-fi explosions
> should be spherical and they aren't! Hrmph!

Why ? Assuming an object at rest with a uniform shell, and a way to ignite
the exploives it contained in a uniform manner perhaps it might appear as
a spherical blast. Given that the container may have different thicknesses
and the explosives my ignite non-unifomrly, and the whole container may
not be at rest, then it is safe to assume that you will not get a spherical
detonation.

It's all in the engineering - as a previous employeer of mine was fond of
saying.