POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Conflict ini_option in Mac : Re: Conflict ini_option in Mac Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conflict ini_option in Mac
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Jan 2000 16:20:29
Message: <38877c1d@news.povray.org>
In article <3885F554.7E3F4911@kh.rim.or.jp>, "Y.Tanabe"
<tec### [at] khrimorjp> wrote:

> trimed_by in Bezier Patch has some problem MPW MrC Compiler with
> Optimize option.

Yes, and there seem to be others (I found when using CodeWarrior). All
access NULL pointers. Among the ones I can find (using the Apple Carbon
Dater) are these:

IST: Direct Access to Low Memory Addresses
0x0000(0) lwz r8 bezier_subpatch_intersect__FP10Ray_StructP20Bicubic_Patch_S
tructPA4_A4_A3_dddddP13istack_struct
0x0000(0) lwz r8 Hermite_Cubic__FdPdPd
0x0000(0) lwz r8 Transform_Textures__FP14Texture_StructP16Transform_Struct

As this is generated out of the executable code - note that the function
names are rather cryptic - but apparently there are such accesses. As they
are all load instructions, they don't cause direct crashes on Macs.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.