POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Friday Abstract [93KB] : Re: Friday Abstract [93KB] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday Abstract [93KB]
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 20 Jan 2000 16:07:22
Message: <3887790a@news.povray.org>
ryan mooney wrote in message <38855451.1A077533@earthlink.net>...
>Worked out just fine.. I rendered a ( tried to ) 60 frame animation of the
>dreamflash when i left... Got tired of waiting at 41st frame looks good had
>change the normal on the wall to crackle and scale it to 50 but w/ sum un
>commenting it renders good in Official...

If you ever finish rendering it, I'd like to see it.

>Would you explain the vnormalize , vrotate , ext...
>I looked it up in pov.doc but it did not help too much...

I use them to play with sky/right/camera location/look_at vectors.
Vnormalize lets me change the camera position but always stay the same
distance from the look_at point, whilst I use vrotate to rotate the camera
by changing where the sky is.

>Thanks for the code... Oh yea what is car.inc...?

A mistake ;-) when I start a new scene I copy the camera and global sections
from the last scene and sometimes extra lines slip through. (I've since gone
over to using a template file which avoids this problem.) You can delete the
car.inc line without changing the final output (that would explain why it
takes longer to parse than expected on my machine :-)

jus### [at] rayjayclaracouk