POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Martian Dust Storm: or is it Jupiter? ~34KB : Re: Tiny Martian Dust Storm ~5KB Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiny Martian Dust Storm ~5KB
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Jan 2000 04:16:30
Message: <3886d26e@news.povray.org>
The smaller resolution animations are helped a lot by causing the inability to
observe so much of the true nature of it.  Make this thing postage stamp sized
and you'd believe you were there (maybe).
The vehicle is supposed to be seen closer another time so I do need to pay
attention to that too.
Main thing I have to get right is the thin air dust transportation effect, I'm
clueless there but trying to figure it out.  Might have to dig out my artistic
license from the old cedar chest, figuratively speaking.
Hey, wish I could link to old postings, never figured out how to do it.
Curiously Scott McD. had said he was going to remove that astronaut picture and
obviously didn't.  I remembered that one well, except for it being a Canadian
astronaut.

P.S. tiny rendition attached.

Bob

"Josh English" <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote in message
| Hmm... I can see to many artifacts here that were "invisible" in the
animation. The
| animation is great, but for a still, I'd see if you could hide the container
objects
| better.
| The dust storm is otherwise great. If you detail the ship and make it larger,
and
| change the orientation of theimage to be portrait instead of landscape, it
would be
| a great follow up to Scott McDonalds piece he did for the IRTC way back with a
dead
| astronaut and an old fashioned space ship on the surface of mars. He turned it
into
| a magazine cover, and I say you've set up the sequel here!
| The post in p.b.i is "That Astronaut Thing Again" dated 2/7/99, and maybe this
link
| will work (i'm feeling experimental)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: