POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Proceedural Mona Lisa : Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa
From: Andy Woodfin
Date: 19 Jan 2000 02:36:05
Message: <38856A3F.87940D5E@uncc.edu>
Speaking of that clock variable, Ken, I'd like to see any animations that anyone might
have yielded with TGAMosaic. I have had some problems in the past with the tiny
tesserae disappearing from frame to frame when I create mpg's using CMPEG. If I make
full blown big avi's though, the effect is pretty fun, if I say so myself.

Andy

Ken wrote:

> Unless you have made signifigant improvements TgaMosaic is a far
> superior product. TGADOT had the terrible habit of conveting
> each pixel of the image into an object which created extremely
> large file sizes. TgaMosaic has options for averaging the pixels
> to reduce object count plus it allows for different object types,
> user definable rotations, a built in clock variable for animating
> the image, plus other nifty inhancements. I'm not knocking TGADOT
> mind you but without some serious work it's limitations make
> TgaMosaic a much better choice for modern POV-Ray users.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Andy Woodfin
Try my utility TGAMosaic, go to http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~adwoodfi
"Guns don't kill people.. the government does" - Dale Gribble