POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brick wall and paving stones macros (~80kb) : Re: Brick wall and paving stones macros (~80kb) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick wall and paving stones macros (~80kb)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 19 Jan 2000 02:29:11
Message: <388567c7@news.povray.org>
Sander wrote in message <3884cd3c@news.povray.org>...
>Now before I set you off to make a macro just for me: would that mean that
>if I use it to make a floor B ten time the size of another floor A, the
code
>to parse will also be ten times larger?
>Maybe I was thinking of a texture rather, like the 'flagstone' texture, but
>then giving a result like I described. That would not increase the number
of
>objects, I understand?
>A macro is something I can imagine of what it is doing; a texture is beyond
>my grasp...

Hmmmm. <Thinking....> I'm not sure. Don't think so though.
In my current scene I'm using my uneven floor macro to create
two sidewalks. One is 15 units by 15 units and one is a couple of hundred.
They both parse almost instantaneously.

I have no idea how to create a texture for what you want. I tend to use
objects to create paved floors and walls as I have better control. That or a
height field.

btw. My current scene has 5000 objects (four walls, two sections of paved
floor and
a distant city) Parse time 1 minute, render 3 minutes.

If you would like to try a macro, I'll write one up when I get bored at
work.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
* Definition of an upgrade: Take the old bugs out, put new ones in*