POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg : Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg
From: omniVERSE
Date: 19 Jan 2000 02:13:38
Message: <38856422@news.povray.org>
"Remco de Korte" <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
news:388### [at] xs4allnl...
> The dust in the storm is much better but in this version it seems the
> containers are more visible which is a pity.
> There's a quirk in the camera movement that is very distracting.

You don't like the camera panning either huh? :-)  I'm going to smooth it out
more yet leave it generally the same.  It's using the clockmod.inc deceleration
right now with a late start and early finish so it kind of jumps quickly into
motion at the beginning.
I've looked at using blobs for the dust containers now and it isn't pretty, even
more container edges than before.  The attempt at improving the dust patterns
started showing the cylinder/sphere object a lot in  m_ds-hc2.mpg.  Not good...
Btw, I hope everyone who takes a look at these get the whole animation, when I
tested that the upload was okay the first time it chopped away the final part so
the hovercraft never passed by.  On another click of the URL link it all came
through.  It takes time anyway to view as you D/L of course but it had actually
quit too soon before.

Bob