POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg : Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg
From: omniVERSE
Date: 19 Jan 2000 02:02:37
Message: <3885618d@news.povray.org>
"Karl Pelzer" <Kar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> First: the scene darkens slowly. This is very good seen on the ground
> plane.
> Second: also concerning the ground is the fact that shadows are forecast
> which makes it more believable (I don't know if the shadows come from
> the clouds (sky) or the storm)

Dust cloud shadow, and it could use breaking up some I think.  It became
apparent that it was going to mess up the whole thing when I wanted to have the
dust roll in slower, it had to be closer for a longer time then.  That meant the
faked realism of it tends to lose credibility, or at least that's how I see it.
I had neglected to do anything about the dust trail of the hovercraft after
getting the height field in, it needs to follow the terrain better but I haven't
found a way to have puffs of dust showing only on the hilltops as it moves yet.

Bob