POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.3 hangs on demos/media/mediaphot.ini : Re: MegaPov 0.3 hangs on demos/media/mediaphot.ini Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.3 hangs on demos/media/mediaphot.ini
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 18 Jan 2000 20:37:36
Message: <388515C0.9300CE59@mailbag.com>
Axel Hecht wrote:

(snip)
> Using 24 bit TrueColor visual...
>  00:00:09 so far, Rendering frame 1, going to 30.
> ^Cndering...
> Got 1 SIGINT.
(snip)
> Anybody else getting this problem?

Yeah, if I hit ^C, it gets a SIGINT and closes.  I'm going to have to
implement better signal handling ;-)

Seriously, though, how long did you leave this? I'm rendering this as I
speak, and at the rate it's going, it will probably take me a couple
hours for all 30 frames.  The first 60 or so rows are completely black.
This may give the incorrect impression that nothing is happening.  How
long did you let this chug away before you sent it SIGINT? How fast is
your box?

-Mark Gordon