POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg : Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg
From: omniVERSE
Date: 18 Jan 2000 09:33:25
Message: <388479b5@news.povray.org>
Here it is again with a different perspective, the camera pans more and the dust
clouds have changed (for the worse? better?).  Well, it's like I've been walking
backward as I try to improve this scene anyway.
The height field helps it I think.  I know I'm going to need blobs or something
like that to use as container objects for the media, the CSG'd cylinders/spheres
are failing me here.
Btw, the clouds are a considerable distance away from the camera, just doesn't
look that way.  The sun is behind them and to the right when the panning stops,
to give an idea about how the shadow is there.  In POV units the hovercraft is
about 0.5 units across and the dust starts about 1000 units away then ends at
about 200 units away from the camera.  So in reality (blurb) still very far off.
If the hovercraft object were 15 meters across that makes the cloud-front 6
kilometers away or approx. 4 miles, if I've figured this right.  Ooooo, it's
vast...!
Without further ado, trial #3 (no one ever saw #2) and then back to work on it.

 http://members.aol.com/persistenceofv/m_ds-hc2.mpg

440KB, 150 frames, 320X240 res. @ 24 fps Mpeg.

Happy viewing!
Bob