POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg : Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg
From: omniVERSE
Date: 18 Jan 2000 00:17:44
Message: <3883f778@news.povray.org>
news:38838122.8ACABBF5@pacbell.net...

> "Jon A. Cruz" wrote:
>
> > And whenever you finish editing a .pov file and are at a stage that you
might want
> > to keep around, or just before you start doing strange experiments in it...
> >
> > ci -l myfile.pov
> >
> > the command
> > rcsdiff myfile.pov
> > will show you what has changed since your last check-in.
> >
> > the command
> > rcslog myfile.pov
> > will show you a history on that file.
>
> That sounds like an aweful lot of work when you can just hit the "save as"
> button once in a while to save your work. Source control in a pov file is
> almost pointless unless you have an image to go with it to compare the
> visual output differences between the two files. <g>

That was my point though, I have done the File/Save as... routine many times
before and get lot's of similar files that have to be deciphered at a later date
to tell which is which.  Not easy to do, esp. when the rendered image alone
isn't altogether simple to compare.  I may have deleted the good ones and kept
the bad ones trying to go by the most recent date.
Besides, there isn't a "Save as" button, would be a very good idea though.

Bob