POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Not Elephant Walk : Not Elephant Walk Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Not Elephant Walk
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 17 Jan 2000 22:01:12
Message: <3883D7A5.F8C263CF@ij.net>
Here is that cockroach who looked back from the
mirron in the horror stills competition. I originally
created him as an animatable object. Animatable in that
everything was created at <0,0,0> center then rotated
and translated into position. That way I can move
things back to 0,0,0 to change them an put them back
where they belong.

    It isn't too clear in this image, mainly due to the
strange textures that worked in the candlelight of the
horror entry but not nearly as well in this open
lighting. However, I want him as an alien world bug
this time so I may learn to love the textures as they
are or with only small changes. BTW: The horror entry
textures were an attempt to scale up the chitin of
insects. I can only say they are closer than other
attempts.

    Moving right along ....

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: