POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a recent painting (147k before encoding 800x600) : Re: a recent painting (147k before encoding 800x600) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a recent painting (147k before encoding 800x600)
From: omniVERSE
Date: 17 Jan 2000 04:15:07
Message: <3882dd9b@news.povray.org>
"Ross Litscher" <lit### [at] osuedu> wrote in message

> omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> > Was the water object used in a 'merge'?  If in a 'union' instead it should
show

> no, no merge was used

That's interesting then.  Got that snippet of script available so to see here?
Shouldn't be losing the sides of another object unless differenced, intersected,
or merged.
The top water surfaces should be clinging to the side of the glass btw, I just
thought of that, although this is distant view enough to not really matter I
guess.  That clear water hilight is unusual so maybe that's what you meant, cut
off partway across.  I wouldn't think a 'normal' could go on there though since
it's motionless.

Bob