POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX : Re: Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX
From: J  Kim
Date: 16 Jan 2000 19:44:55
Message: <388265EA.75F7F67D@mm.ewha.ac.kr>
Dear Mark,
 I have tried using the 'make' instead of 'gmake', since it would to take
quite some time for me
to get the 'gmake' program(or part of the programs) and install.
After issuing 'make newunix' under the directory .... /source/unix,
I got following messages:
(I have not changed cc to gcc yet.)

Thanks in advance,
Jong
/temp/povray31/source/unix >make newunix
cc -O2 -ansi -c -DCOMPILER_VER=\".`uname`.cc\" -I. -I.. -I../libpng
-I../zlib -I
/usr/bin/X11  /include ../polysolv.c
cc: Warning: ../polysolv.c, line 66: # not in column 1 is ignored, skipping
to e
nd of line.
 #define FUDGE_FACTOR1 1.0e12
-^
cc: Warning: ../polysolv.c, line 69: # not in column 1 is ignored, skipping
to e
nd of line.
 #define FUDGE_FACTOR2 -1.0e-5
-^
cc: Warning: ../polysolv.c, line 72: # not in column 1 is ignored, skipping
to e
nd of line.
 #define FUDGE_FACTOR3 1.0e-7
-^
cc: Error: ../polysolv.c, line 1085: In this statement, "FUDGE_FACTOR1" is
not d
eclared.
      if (fabs(biggest / x[i]) > FUDGE_FACTOR1)
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1 (ignored)