POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet POV (~17kbau) : Re: Planet POV (~17kbau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet POV (~17kbau)
From: Gregoire Millette
Date: 16 Jan 2000 17:40:26
Message: <38824A08.4D471B19@home.com>
It's good to see people actually responding to this thread :)

I understand that the POVray site will be up and running soon with all these new
libraries and everything but will there be

news about new softwares
interview's with artists
pictures of the week
animation of the week
reviews about new software or #include files
tutorials, tips and other stuff?

Those are a couple things I had planned on incorporating into Planet POV.

There are still things that require a humanly touch as opposed to just being
generated by machine.  That is what I would offer.  There is so much going on in
the POV-Ray community and I'm sure people would like a site that keeps them up
to date with current softwares and happenings.

TonyB wrote:

> First off, let me just say that I am shocked. Just two days ago, Gregoire
> Millette posted in .general about his commitment to making a replacement for
> our beloved Twysted.net, which has failed to resurface into its previous
> glory. Greg offered his computer, his capital, and his time to making a new
> site, called PlanetPOV. What surprised me was that he was ignored
> completely. I expected a big reaction to his post, but there was none. It
> seems I am the only one interested in this.
>
> I've already exchanged a few e-mails with him. He seems enthusiastic and
> serious about this. Why don't we all get together and help him? It would be
> great if we could pool all those POV resources out there into one common
> site, like in the good old days of Twysted.net. I'm giving my full support
> to Greg's project, and I suggest you do too. I begin by officially
> submitting the very first logo to the "PlanetPOV Logo Competition". I used
> MegaPOV 0.3 (mainly to speed up the media), but this can be done with
> Official POV 3.1g. I also used Photoshop for the text next to the logo. Let
> me know if you have any suggestions for improvements. Thank you.
>
>  [Image]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)