POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Escher Relativity partly radios'd ~52KB : Re: 3D Escher Relativity partly radios'd ~52KB Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Escher Relativity partly radios'd ~52KB
From: Sander
Date: 16 Jan 2000 16:50:50
Message: <38823d3a@news.povray.org>
I tried to see depth in these Escher pictures, but I can't. Not considering
the changes (radiosity) to the middle one: are they something you rendered
with POV? There doesn't seem to be visible the typical POV plasticity about
them. When I look at two different pictures in detail using PS5, I don't see
very much difference in position between the objects that should be in front
and others that should be in the back, as you can observe in clearly 3D
picture sets. I try to understand what is going on here, but I don't...
Help!

--
Regards,
Sander

omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> schreef in berichtnieuws
388086b1@news.povray.org...
> By partly radiositied I mean only one side of the stereopair used it, the
other
> is lit with a bright light and has more than default ambient as well.
Both were
> darkened somewhat by raising the 'assumed_gamma'.
> Oh, and this is a combination crossed and parallel image too so all should
be
> happy.
> The Relativity model (Escher stairs I like to call it) was done by someone
else
> in Dxf format and I converted it over to Inc with 3DWinOGL (by Thomas
Baier).  I