POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet POV (~17kbau) : Re: Planet POV (~17kbau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet POV (~17kbau)
From: TonyB
Date: 16 Jan 2000 15:26:49
Message: <38822989@news.povray.org>
>I don't think Greg should give up on this just right now.

Why not? He started making something on his own, and it turns up the idea
was already taken (this happens to me a lot, I'm not surprised it happened
yet again). Were I him, I would immediately stop the presses and go contact
the TAG and see what I can do.

>I still hear Tony shouting in the background,
>though he's at the other end of the globe ;)

Heheh, I'm a little bit embarrassed now. I was supposed to have noticed this
in an old thread. I skip a lot of the material here for lack of time to read
it all.

>I liked the name for a start.

But Ken said it would be tag.povray.org, where good does "Planet POV" fit in
here?

>I like the logo as well, although it states the obvious 8)

I was going for that you-can-infer-the-title-from-the-logo kinda thing.

>I just think the text should be a bit more readable around the planet.
>At the sides of the orbit it's just a blur. The colours are nice.

Thanks. I know about the blur. It's that darn media. I accumulates as it
gets thicker and isn't very visible in thinner areas. Perhaps I should just
use green colored text with no interior. It would render faster.