POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet POV (~17kbau) : Planet POV (~17kbau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Planet POV (~17kbau)
From: TonyB
Date: 16 Jan 2000 14:21:22
Message: <38821a32@news.povray.org>
First off, let me just say that I am shocked. Just two days ago, Gregoire
Millette posted in .general about his commitment to making a replacement for
our beloved Twysted.net, which has failed to resurface into its previous
glory. Greg offered his computer, his capital, and his time to making a new
site, called PlanetPOV. What surprised me was that he was ignored
completely. I expected a big reaction to his post, but there was none. It
seems I am the only one interested in this.

I've already exchanged a few e-mails with him. He seems enthusiastic and
serious about this. Why don't we all get together and help him? It would be
great if we could pool all those POV resources out there into one common
site, like in the good old days of Twysted.net. I'm giving my full support
to Greg's project, and I suggest you do too. I begin by officially
submitting the very first logo to the "PlanetPOV Logo Competition". I used
MegaPOV 0.3 (mainly to speed up the media), but this can be done with
Official POV 3.1g. I also used Photoshop for the text next to the logo. Let
me know if you have any suggestions for improvements. Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ablogo.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'ablogo.jpg'