POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : K-6 Bugs : K-6 Bugs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  K-6 Bugs
From: Yann Ramin
Date: 16 Jan 2000 13:48:16
Message: <3882127D.F5A7C466@atrustrivalie.eu.org>
There seems to be some problems with the Pentium optimizations and K6
processors. If you try to run pov with them enabled (-D586) it will hard
lock the machine.  You have to do a full processor reset (power cycle)
to get it working again.  Has anyone expierienced these problems?

Compiler: gcc 2.7.2.1 and egcs 1.1.2 (tried both)
System: FreeBSD 3.2, FreeBSD 3.3, FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT (I tested this on
a lot of machines :))
Processor: AMD K6-2 @ 350MHZ, AMD K6 @ 300, AMD K6-2 @ 333

It works fine on Intel based systems running FreeBSD... even one dual
processor P166.

Yann

Yann Ramin			atr### [at] atrustrivalieeuorg
HF-Lab				www.redshift.com/~yramin/atp/hflab
Atrus Trivalie Productions	www.atrustrivalie.eu.org
				irm.it.montereyhigh.com
Monterey High IT		www.montereyhigh.com
ICQ 				46805627
AIM				oddatrus
Marina, CA

"All cats die.  Socrates is dead.  Therefore Socrates is a cat."
	- The Logician

	# fortune
"To be responsive at this time, though I will simply say, and therefore
this is a repeat of what I said previously, that which I am unable to
offer in response is based on information available to make no such
statement."