POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg : Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg
From: omniVERSE
Date: 16 Jan 2000 09:32:49
Message: <3881d691@news.povray.org>
Thanks for taking a look at it.  I have changed the flat plane to a somewhat
flat heightfield now and added weakened wind sound (not uploaded yet), giving up
on trying a isosurface since it never looked good for this, made a nice etched
or erosion cracked surface though which might be good someplace else.
Far as "technique" goes, not much about it really.  Well I don't think of it
that way anyhow.  The dust clouds are simply a couple cylinders with pieces
differenced out with spheres and the media in them is a blend of 4 patterns
which is then rotated with the clock, as well as phased too.  And of course the
whole thing is moved nearer over the duration.  The sky is yet another media
translated and phased on its own.

Bob