POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX : Re: Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 16 Jan 2000 11:46:55
Message: <3881F6B3.CBC17D97@geocities.com>
I'm not really an Unix admin or anything, but I have used it for a while
(and Linux).

Usually you can install a program to a subdirectory or your user home
and then just add it to your PATH environment variable. I'd end up
adding something likt "/home/joncruz/bin:/home/joncruz/gmake/bin"

But in general it's nice if you can get the common tools installed for
everyone to use. GNU Make is pretty much the standard make (standard in
the sense that it works the same on just about any platform, and that a
lot of people count on it), so it's usually a good idea to try to get
GNU Make and GCC installed.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.