POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX : Re: Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick instructions how to compile POV-Ray for UNIX
From: J Kim
Date: 16 Jan 2000 08:04:54
Message: <3881C20C.2A75A47A@shinbiro.com>
Dear Nieminen,

 I am trying to install the POV-Ray for Unix on a Digital AlphaServer4000 5/400
System(Digital Unix 4.0).  As per your instruction, I chose makefile.dec.
It went OK upto this point.
After that, I had a problem after I typed: gmake newunix
       ksh: gmake:  not found
Since I'm a real newbie to this Unix world, I really need some help in this
regard.
 Do I have to install the gmake program somewhere on the Digital Unix /bin?
 Can I simply install in my subdirectory for the gmake to work?
 Can I get the program from the www.gnu.org site?

Thanks in advance,

Jong

Post a reply to this message