POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Proceedural Mona Lisa : Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa
From: Ken
Date: 16 Jan 2000 04:29:54
Message: <38818EFC.E23C91FE@pacbell.net>
Glen Berry wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 06:20:13 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:
>
> >Ken wrote:
> >>
> >> No image maps were used in the creation of this image. Individualy
> >> pigmented spheres yes, image maps no !
> >>
> >*lol*
> >Nicers nicers.. Got the source for that util, or the ling or something? I kinda
> >want a linux copy of it (if there is one avaiable :)
>
> This can also be done with TGADOT. It's an older utility program
> available from the povray server. It's written in C, and I've
> personally re-compiled it myself for WIN95 command line use. I also
> added a few enhancements while I was at it. I haven't asked the
> original author about making my version public, but perhaps I should.
> His version uses an older povray syntax that needs to be updated.
>
> I had no trouble re-compiling this for WIN95, and I doubt that it
> would be any problem for LINUX or most any other OS.
>
> Later,
> Glen Berry

Unless you have made signifigant improvements TgaMosaic is a far
superior product. TGADOT had the terrible habit of conveting
each pixel of the image into an object which created extremely
large file sizes. TgaMosaic has options for averaging the pixels
to reduce object count plus it allows for different object types,
user definable rotations, a built in clock variable for animating
the image, plus other nifty inhancements. I'm not knocking TGADOT
mind you but without some serious work it's limitations make
TgaMosaic a much better choice for modern POV-Ray users.