POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : #macro parsing speed (or the lack of it) : Re: #macro parsing speed (or the lack of it) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #macro parsing speed (or the lack of it)
From: omniVERSE
Date: 16 Jan 2000 02:31:36
Message: <388173d8@news.povray.org>
"Burton Radons" <lot### [at] pacificcoastnet> wrote in message
news:388### [at] pacificcoastnet...
> I have placed the patch at:
> http://www.pacificcoast.net/~loth/povray-macro-patch.gz
>
> What is the etiquette for these patches -- could I post it in
> povray.binaries.programming and announce it here, or post it here?
> Should it be gzipped or unzipped for review?

Sounds about right to me anyway, pov patch binaries in p.b.p. (guessing "other"
patches don't apply but nothings mentioned at p.f-a-q.) and announced in p.p.
should be best.  I've had trouble getting a gz file to extract and I've also
heard others have the same problem.  I used to use WinZIP but it didn't work on
some of those and now use ZIP Magic which says it can but I've had the same
problem.  Actually my guess is they were always bad downloads for one reason or
another, or maybe just compressed in an unsupported way.

Bob