POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Proceedural Mona Lisa : Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 16 Jan 2000 02:24:54
Message: <388172FC.84339D57@geocities.com>
Ken wrote:

> omniVERSE wrote:
> >
> > I think it must be the TGA Mosaic utility:
> > http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~adwoodfi/tga.html
> >
> > The colors match up with the painting well it seems.  If it isn't TGA
> > Mosaic-made then I don't know how it could've been done (isosurface? it's always
> > isosurfaces...).
>
> Nope. You nailed it Bob.
>
> Spider,
>
> This is a Win app only with no source available at it's home page. You can
> try contacting Andy Woodfin directly to see if he will share it with you.
> You can mention my name, it might help. I was one of his beta testers.
>
> adw### [at] unccedu

I'm doing that as we speak. I realized that this is the kind of thing that is very
well suited to doing under Java. Since I've done lots of TGA conversions utilities in
the past, this should be quite easy. I'll see if he wants to collaborate. If he's too
busy or whatnot, I'll go ahead and do a Java version so that more people can enjoy
this sort of thing.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.